People and Planet – from Theory to Solutions: towards Transformations conference will bring together researchers, decisionmakers, specialists and other stakeholders interested in planetary health, sustainability and wellbeing.
This international conference will bring together researchers, decisionmakers, specialists and other stakeholders interested in planetary health, sustainability and wellbeing.
Action is urgently needed for improving the well-being of people and the planet, planetary health. Science-informed knowledge and tools are essential for achieving transformations and actions that are effective and socially-just in solving complex crises. This conference creates a transdisciplinary platform where participants can meet, share, and discuss new scientific findings and practical solutions. We will gather on 13-15th of February 2024 in Lahti, Finland.
We invite researchers, practitioners and alike to submit your abstracts (max. 300 words) no later than on November 5, 2023 via the conference website.
The conference will focus on questions such as:
- How are climate change, biodiversity loss, and human health and well-being interlinked? Which societal, economic and technological changes could best tackle these crises and interlinked health issues?
- What is the role of cities as leaders and catalysts of change, and how can civil society, companies, and other organisations support changes?
- How to achieve transformative and lasting changes that are socially just, for example, for achieving planetary health diets?
- What opportunities and risks can novel technologies bring for well-being and sustainability?
- What are the economic and well-being costs and benefits of action or inaction?
- How can current and potential social gaps be fulfilled while considering megatrends such as aging population and rising inequality in some countries?
We welcome you to share your latest research results, findings, and solutions on these guiding questions within session themes below:
- Defining and demonstrating leadership for healthy and sustainable cities
- The value of nature and biodiversity for human well-being and health
- Transformation towards healthy and sustainable mobility
- Transformation towards healthy lives through nature-positive consumption
- Rethinking sustainable health, taking advantage of novel technologies and knowledge
The onsite conference program will consist of keynote lectures, participatory discussions, talks and a poster session. A limited number of talks will be selected to each session that complement one another on topics and focus. Practice-focused presentations could address topics such as novel effective tools, metrics and/or practices alongside the guiding questions. Posters are encouraged and might be suggested by organisers as an alternative to a talk. While sending your abstract, please select your preferred session and mode of presentation (talk/poster), and your suggestions for questions to be discussed in the sessions.
- Deadline for the abstracts: 5.11.2023
- Notification of acceptance for talks and posters: 23.11.2023
- Confirmations of talks and posters by presenters: 30.11.2023
- Registration for conference participation closes in late January
Lahti University Campus